Acupuncture treats a wide range of health conditions using thin, sterile acupuncture needles to mobilize Qi or energy meridians. Acupuncture has been shown to strengthen the function of muscles, nerves, vessels, and organs that help reduce inflammation, scar tissue, and promote healing.
What condition can be treated?
· Female conditions: Dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, menopause, ovarian cysts,PMS
· Gastrointestinal health: Flatulence, constipation, diarrhoea, IBS / IBD
· Immune health: Food and environmental allergies
· Male health: Hair loss, impotence, libido, prostate enlargement
· Mental / emotional health: Stress relief and treatment of withdrawal from addiction
· Muscle and bone health: Back, knee and shoulder pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica
The World Health Organisation recommends acupuncture and has compiled a list of symptoms and diseases that can be treated with it. These include facial pain, sinusitis, eczema, frozen shoulder, headache, depression, hormonal disorders, hypertension, sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, stomach ulcers, stomach acid, menstrual problems, infertility, migraines, back pain, tennis elbow, etc.
Acupuncture can also be used in conjunction with other therapies. It takes into account the whole person and helps to activate each patient’s natural healing processes as well as restoring their physical and emotional well-being.
Each treatment is individualised and based on the diagnosis, so clients with similar illness or pain are treated differently.
During the treatment itself, thin, sterile needles pass through the skin at selected acupuncture points. Just a few treatments can make a huge difference to your health.